Full-time, Part-time Positions
Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, a brand-new facility specializing in high acuity skilled ventilator and tracheostomy post-acute care, in Honolulu is now hiring Registered Respiratory Therapists for full and part time positions!
Use your critical care respiratory therapy skills to serve others in our beautiful 42 bed Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation community. Islands offers great pay with career growth opportunities including tuition reimbursement and career advancement courses.
Develop lasting relationships with our residents (Islanders) and fellow associates (Islanders). The rewarding care and culture of promoting the aloha spirit truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents and their ohana. Apply today for a rewarding, fun, and fulfilling career with Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
Essential Responsibilities:Under the direction of the Director of Respiratory Services:
- Initiates respiratory protocols and makes appropriate recommendations for treatment of care.
- Implements therapy for, and monitors residents while on continuous mechanical ventilators, Bi-PAP/CPAP, and high flow tracheostomy heaters.
- Utilizes the Masimo SafetyNet System and clinical data to assess cardiopulmonary status of residents.
- Assists in bedside bronchoscopy
- Evaluates ventilator dependent residents' readiness to wean.
- Evaluates tracheostomy residents’ readiness to be decannulated.
- Performs arterial punctures and analyzes iSTAT blood gas results as ordered and recommends appropriate treatment of care
- Coordinates and accompanies the transport of tracheostomy and ventilator residents to outpatient care appointments.
- Performs airway management to include chest physiotherapy, vest therapy, cough assist therapy and tracheal suctioning.
- Performs tracheostomy care and changes tracheostomy tube as ordered.
- Documents pertinent information and clinical care in the electronic medical record using a tablet.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and rehabilitation therapists as appropriate.
- Participates in resident rounds with Pulmonologist.
- Responds to and participates as the Team leader in the Rapid Response Team.
- Able to instruct and educate the resident and family on disease processes and treatments provided by Respiratory Therapy
- Six months of experience within in the last two years or completion of a clinical rotation within the last year in critical care/intensive care environment. New graduates are welcomed
- Associate degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Valid State of Hawaii Respiratory Therapist license
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) (must obtain within 3 months of hire).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in written communication, oral communication, interpersonal relations, customer service, critical decision making, problem solving, and teamwork.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Post-acute care experience with tracheostomy ventilated residents
- Adult Critical Care Specialty (ACCS)
Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.