Full-time, Part-time Positions
Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, a brand new SNF specializing in high acuity skilled and ventilator, tracheostomy post-acute care, in Honolulu is now hiring Cooks for full and part time positions!
Use your Cooking skills to serve others in our beautiful community. Islands offers great pay with career growth opportunities including tuition reimbursement and career advancement courses.
Develop lasting relationships with our residents (Islanders) and fellow associates (Islanders). The rewarding care and culture of promoting the aloha spirit truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents and their ohana. Apply today for a rewarding, fun, and fulfilling career with Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
The Cook is responsible to prepare food in accordance with prescribed resident diet specifications, facility procedures, and dietary and sanitary regulations under the supervision of the Dietary Services Manager. Candidates should have a Food Handler's permit/ServeSafe certification as well as previous experience and a great attitude!
Food Preparation and Serving
- Prepare and serve food and meals food in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, recipes, portion, and temperature control procedures and facility policies.
- Direct and assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils; check all trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy; ensure proper storage of food and supplies; adhere to universal precautions and sanitary, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Be able to work in a non-temperature regulated environment (work near ovens, stoves, enter walk in refrigerators/freezers). Supply
- Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meals and assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies, and report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents.
- Comply with all Company safety policies, regulations and requirements regarding fire and life safety.
- Comply with all Company safety policies regulations and requirements involving employee safety and patient safety. This includes but is not limited to: a zero tolerance for harassment and violence; following infection control procedures; following safe patient handling as required with your specific job position.
- May be required to assist in the evacuation of patients during emergency situations
- Meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a Food Handler's permit / SERV Safe certification as per State requirements.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
- Capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.