Medical Records Manager
Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, a brand new SNF specializing in high acuity skilled and ventilator, tracheostomy post-acute care, in Honolulu is now hiring a Medical Records Manager!
Use your Medical Records skills and expertise to serve others in our beautiful community. Islands offers great pay with career growth opportunities including tuition reimbursement and career advancement courses.
Develop lasting relationships with our residents (Islanders) and fellow associates (Islanders). The rewarding care and culture of promoting the aloha spirit truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents and their ohana. Apply today for a rewarding, fun, and fulfilling career with Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- Develops and/or updates medical center policy memoranda pertaining to documentation improvement
- Serves as technical expert in health record content and documentation requirements.
- Responsible for performing reviews of the health record documentation; developing criteria, collecting data, graphing and analyzing results, creating reports and communicating in writing and/or in person to appropriate leadership and groups.
- Obtains appropriate corrective action plans from responsible clinical services directors, when necessary, and recommends improvements or changes in documentation.
- Adheres to established documentation requirements as outlined by accrediting agencies guidelines, regulations, policy and medical-legal requirements.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, disease processes, treatment modalities, diagnostic tests, medications, procedures as well as the principles and practices of health services and the organizational structure to ensure proper code selection.
- Selects and assigns codes from the current version of several coding systems to include current versions of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and/or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS).
- Monitors ever-changing regulatory and policy requirements affecting coded information for the full spectrum of services.
- Expertly searches the patient health record to find documentation justifying code assignment based on an expanded knowledge of the organization and structure of the patient record.
- One year of experience that indicates knowledge of medical terminology and general under- standing of the health record.
- Six months of the required one year of experience must have provided the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform MRT work. OR, •
- Education. Two years above high school with a minimum of 12 semester hours directly related to MRT work (e.g., courses in medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, and introduction to health records). OR, •
- Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combinations of experience and education are qualifying. The following educational/training substitutions are appropriate for combining education and experience:
- Six months of experience that indicates knowledge of medical terminology and general under- standing of the health record and one year above high school with a minimum of 6 semester hours of health information technology courses.
- Successful completion of a course for medical technicians, hospital corpsmen, medical service specialists, or hospital training obtained in a training program.
Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Islands Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com.